【职场人际口语】Hiding is pointless

躲根本没用

2019-02-22
57











Who are you hiding from?

你在躲谁

 

Got two secretaries and three telephones

两个秘书 三部电话

Secretary /'sɛkrə,tɛri/n. 秘书;书记;部长;

 

I feel like Marlin Perkins is chasing me on the savannah

我感觉像是动物学家马林铂金斯在大草原上追我一样

 

Hiding is pointless

躲根本没用

 

I’ve got work to do

我还有工作要做

 

That’s the other reason I’m here

那也是我来这里的原因之一

 

McCann represents Derby Foods

麦肯公司代理德比食品

 

Peter Pan Peanut Butter

彼得潘花生酱

 

They’re making a cookie

他们要生产一种饼干

 

Sounds delicious

很好吃的样子

 

McCann also represents Nabisco National Biscuit Company

麦肯同时还代理纳贝斯克 国家饼干公司

 

They got the word cookie in their name

它们名字里都有饼干

 

No, they don’t

不,并不是

 

Do we have a shot at Derby?

我们有机会把德比挖过来吗

 

No, it’s just a cookie

不 只是饼干而已

 

McCanns clients are our clients. Were helping out

麦肯的客户也是我们的客户 我们要帮他们

 

You and peter are talking them golfing tomorrow

你和皮特明天带他们去打高尔夫

 

I cant make it

我没空

 

Theres a messenger here from your attorneys office

你的律师办公室派来了一个信使

Attorney /ə'tɝni/n. 律师;代理人

 

He needs your signature

他需要你签字

Signature /'sɪgnətʃɚ/n. 署名;签名;信号

 

So why can’t you you go golfing?

你为什么不能去打高尔夫

 

Since Burt Petersons the account man

因为伯特彼得森是客户经理

 

Good news or bad news

好消息还是坏消息?

 

Good news

好消息

 

Its almost over

终于快办完了

 

Well, donsettle until you get the number you want

在实现你想要的数字前别和解

 

Take it from me no matter what she says you have given her the good life

听我的准没错 无论她想要什么 你已经让她过上了好日子

 

She would never have had it

没有你她哪有今天

 

Megan is not Jane

梅根不是简

 

So she never say you squandered her youth and beauty

所以她从没说过你浪费了她的青春和美貌吗

Squander/'skwɑndɚ/n. 浪费vt. 浪费

 

Used up her childbearing years?

耗费了她的生育年龄

Childbearing  /'tʃaɪldbɛrɪŋ/n. 分娩;生子

 

Thwarted her career?

阻碍了她事业发展

Thwart /θwɔrt/vt. 挫败;反对;阻碍;横过

 

What career?

什么事业啊

 

Shes a consumer

她是个纯消费者

 

Mr. Sterling, are you still at lunch?

斯特林先生 你还在吃午饭吗

 

They’re wondering

大家都在问呢

 

She made her choices

她自己做出的选择


Copyright ©2018 - 2019 微鲨艺术文创(深圳)有限公司
X
展开