【职场人际口语】Do you know about the girls?

你了解那些女生吗

2019-02-22
38






This is the time they select , I suppose

现在应该就是她们选人的时候

 

Not usually quite this early but it wouldn't be completely out of the question

通常没有这么早,但万事都不是绝对的

 

What are you talking about?

你在说什么

 

The Solasta Women's Initiative

索莱丝塔女性计划

Initiative[ɪ'nɪʃətɪv]n. 主动性;主动精神;倡议;主动权adj. 自发的;创始的;初步的

 

They take in a new girl around this time and then sometimes another couple later in the term.

最近这段时间,他们会让一名新的女生加入

晚一些的时候,会再让几个人加入

 

Fay Brookstone was a no-brainer , obviously 

很明显费伊 博斯通很容易就进了

 

But Phoebe Parker-Fox didn't get taken until her second term

但菲比 帕克福克斯直到第二个学期才成功加入

 

How long have you been looking into all this stuff?

你研究这些东西多久了

 

The Solasta Initiative. I mean

我是在说索莱丝塔女性计划

 

I... heard about it during Highers

高中时期我就听说过了

 

Do you know about the girls?

你了解那些女生吗

 

Well , it's good to have an idea of what they're looking for

知道他们要的是哪类女生是件好事

 

Tell me

告诉我

 

Louise Taggart , 21

路易斯 塔格特,二十一岁

 

She's from London , she got her maths A-level at 14 got selected in her first term , obviously

她来自伦敦,十四岁就参加了A水准数学考试,

很明显她第一学期就被选中了

 

She works with the investment professionals in analysi

With the high net worth individuals

她和一群投资专家在分析部门一同工作,服务高净值客户

individuals[ ,ɪndə'vɪdʒʊəl]个人

 

I like to call them Hinwis

我喜欢叫他们高姿户

 

Why?

为什么呢

 

I find acronyms funny

因为我觉得缩略词很有趣

acronyms [ˈækrəˌnɪmz] n. 首字母缩略词;(acronym的名词复数) 


She's in her second year , so I reckon she's going for a permanent Solasta position

她现在是大二,所以我猜想她是想拿到索莱丝塔的永久职位

reckon ['rɛkən]vt. 测算,估计;认为;计算vi. 估计;计算;猜想,料想

permanent ['pɝmənənt]adj.永久的;持久的

 

She writes software for fun

她喜欢写软件玩


Copyright ©2018 - 2019 微鲨艺术文创(深圳)有限公司
X
展开