【职场人际口语】How did you get into this business?

你是怎么入行的

2019-02-22
18







You’re the only one here. It’s lunchtime

午餐时间只有你在

 

I’m not hungry

我不饿

 

Probably have too much to do

估计你是工作繁重

 

I’m not doing anything

我什么也没做

 

Look, I don’t want to put you out but if you have a second

听着 我不想打扰你 但如果你有空

 

I have an advertising question

我想问个广告方面的问题

 

Go ahead

问吧

 

Advertising--does it work?

广告 有效果吗

 

On some people

对某些人有效果

 

It helps to have a good product

产品好的话效果比较显著

 

Well, I’ll tell you how great it is

我可以告诉你它有多棒

 

I started lease tech with two old friends and six months later we have 19 new employees and three new competitors

我和两个老友创办了租赁科技 6个月后 我们有19名新员工以及三家新的竞争对手

Lease  /lis/n. 租约;租期;租赁物;租赁权vt. 出租;租得vi. 出租

 

Well, the first question is how is what you’re selling unique

首要问题是 你的产品有何独特之处?

 

IBM’s leases are short and expensive cause they’re always replacing the equipment with the newest model

IBM的租期短 租金昂贵 因为他们总是在更新换代

Equipment  /ɪ'kwɪpmənt/n. 设备,装备;器材

 

Ours are cheaper because we don’t do that

我们不替换 所以比较便宜

 

Don’t yours become obsolete?

你们的电脑不会被淘汰吗?

Obsolete/ɑbsəˌlit/n. 废词;陈腐的人adj. 废弃的;老式的vt. 淘汰;废弃

 

Oh, they all become obsolete eventually

电脑迟早都会被淘汰

 

The question is how long does that take?

问题是 能用多久

 

IBM doesn’t care because they just sell new machines

IBM不关心这个问题 因为他们只卖新电脑

 

At this point usually ask, ”How did you get into this business?”

此时我通常会问 你是怎么入行的

 

Well, I was at IBM for a few years

我在IBM工作了几年

 

I knew it

我就知道

 

Yes

是的

 

And I saw that they have got a great product but they don’t trust it

我看到他们有很好的产品,但他们不信任产品

 

I’ve worked with these machines

我亲身接触过这些机器

 

I know how resilient they are

我知道它们有多耐用

Resilient  /rɪ'zɪlɪənt/adj. 弹回的,有弹力的

 

I don’t want to find them in a junkyard in two years

我不想看到它们两年后被丢到垃圾场

Junkyard  /'dʒʌŋkjɑrd/n. 废品旧货栈;废物堆积场;旧汽车丢弃的地方

 

So you’re betting that they’ll last longer than even IMB thinks?

所以你相信它们的使用期比IBM想象的要长

 

Yeah. But the problem is so are bunch of other companies

对 但问题是 很多其他公司也这么想

 

But they don’t have you and they don’t advertise

但他们没有你 他们没做广告

 

Very nice

说得好

 

What’s IBM like?

IBM是什么样的

 

Oh there you are, I thought we were going to lunch

你在这里啊 我们不是要一起吃午饭吗

 

Thanks for your light

感谢你的火

 

Pleasure to talk to you

很高兴与你交谈

 

You’re going to give me the name of a good keypunch service

你得给我介绍一家信息录入公司

Keypunch /'ki,pʌntʃ/n. 键控打孔机vi. 用打孔机打孔


Copyright ©2018 - 2019 微鲨艺术文创(深圳)有限公司
X
展开