Reasonable hopes and dreams

实际的愿景和抱负就好

2019-02-22
58







You wanted to see me?

你找我吗

 

Come in. Have a seat

进来吧 请坐

 

Can I offer you something?

需要点什么吗

 

A pad and pen perhaps?

比如纸和笔

 

You know. I could have you killed for drinking anything but a Coke around here

被我看到你在这里喝可乐以外的东西 我会杀了你的

 

To whom it may concern

是哪家公司的事情

 

Our benevolent overlords at McCann have invited select presidents of select subsidiaries to a godless retreat in the Bahamas

我们仁慈的主 麦肯公司的人,邀请了几家下属公司的总裁去巴哈马群岛的一个度假村

Benevolent  /bə'nɛvələnt/adj. 仁慈的;慈善的;亲切的

Overlord /'ovɚlɔrd/n. 霸王;大君主;最高统治者;封建领主

Subsidiary /səb'sɪdɪɛri/n. 子公司;辅助者adj. 附属的;辅助的

Retreat  /rɪ'trit/n. 撤退;休息寓所;撤退

· 

So you have to make a speech

所以你要发表个演讲

 

That’s what I thought

我也是这么认为的

 

I figured it’d like a toast, you know?

我以为就是说个祝酒词

 

I’m good at that

那个我很擅长

 

Apparently Caroline looked at the fine print and they’re expecting some sort of written statement on the future of this company 2500 words

显然卡洛琳仔细读了邀请函,他们要我们准备书面材料阐述公司的发展前景,2500字

 

When

什么时候要

 

By Monday

周一前

 

It’s plenty of time

有足够的时间

 

Harry’s writing a manifesto on the computer

哈里正在电脑上写宣言

Manifesto /,mænɪ'fɛsto/n. 宣言;声明;告示

 

Chaough’s doing performance reviews

赵在准备业绩总结

 

And they need to finish with a nice Gettysburg Address type speech that tells them where we’re gonna be next year

他们需要一个葛底斯堡演说式的美妙结尾来描绘本公司明年的前景

 

Mr. Sterling, there’s a call for you on line three

斯特林先生 3号线有个电话找您

 

Gettysburg Address. Got it

葛底斯堡演说 明白了

 

I’d do it myself but one of us is very busy

我本来自己要写的 但你我之中有个人很忙

 

You’re going to the Bahamas

你要去巴哈马群岛了

 

I’m sorry

抱歉

 

How are you doing

你还好吗

 

Never been better

比以往任何时候都好

 

Well, you’ve looked better

你看上去可不算特别好啊

 

You want me to get my barber in here?

要把我的理发师叫上来吗

 

Anything else?

还有别的事情吗

 

Here are the specs

这是具体要求

Specs /speks/ 规格,说明书(specifications)

 

Just, uh. reasonable hopes and dreams

写一些实际的愿景和抱负就好

 

Doesn’t have to be science fiction

不要搞得跟科幻小说似的不切实际


Copyright ©2018 - 2019 微鲨艺术文创(深圳)有限公司
X
展开