What was I supposed to do?

我还能怎么办

2019-02-22
20








You think you’re gonna throw me out of my own company

你以为你可以把我从我自己创建的公司赶走

 

Madeline, I’ve got it

麦德琳 我来处理

 

Tod, could you excuse us?

托德 能让我们单独谈谈吗

 

Don has a habit of walking into meetings unannounced. Should I reschedule?

唐喜欢突然闯入会议 要我再约个时间吗

Unannounced/,ʌnə'naʊnst/adj. 突然的;未经宣布的;未通知的

 

Get out!

出去

 

It was cut and dry

You broke the stipulations of the addendum to your contract

一切早就白纸黑字写定了 你违背了合约附件条款的相关规定

Stipulations /,stɪpjə'leʃən/n. 规定;[法] 条款

Addendum /ə'dɛndəm/n. 附录,附件;补遗;附加物

 

You set that meeting to force me out of the agency

What was I supposed to do?

你安排了那次会议 想要把我赶出公司 我还能怎么办

 

You know, Ted and I, whenever we would hear that your agency was involved, we’d always be so intimidated

你知道吗 我和泰德 我们以前每次听说你的公司也会参加竞标 都会感到很惊恐

Intimidated /ɪn'tɪmɪdetɪd/adj. 害怕的;受到恐吓的

 

What’s that man up to? Such a cloud of mystery

他意在何为 简直像让人捉摸不透的疑云

 

Now that I’ve been backstage? I’m deeply unimpressed, Don

现在我窥探到了光环背后的你 我对你的欣赏荡然无存了 唐

 

You’re just a bully and a drunk. A football player in a suit

你不过是个恃强凌弱的酒鬼 衣着光鲜的粗野之人

 

The most eloquent I’ve ever heard you was when you were blubbering

like a little girl about your impoverished childhood

我听你说过的最具感染力的

 就是你像个小姑娘似的哭诉 你那穷困潦倒的童年

Eloquent /'ɛləkwənt/adj. 意味深长的;雄辩的,有口才的;有说服力的;动人的

Blubber  /'blʌbɚ/vt. 又哭又闹

Impoverished  /ɪm'pɑvərɪʃt/dj. 穷困的;用尽了的,无创造性的

 

What?You wanna take a swing at me?

怎么 你要打我一拳吗

 

It would save us all a lot of trouble

那倒可以省去我们不少麻烦


Copyright ©2018 - 2019 微鲨艺术文创(深圳)有限公司
X
展开