I chose to succeed on my own terms

我选择靠自己成功

2019-02-22
25











My, uh, parents are divorced

我父母离异

 

I grew up in England with my dad

我跟着父亲在英国长大

 

He’s great

他很棒

 

Very down-to-earth, totally different from my mother

很接地气,与我母亲截然不同

 

Anyway, she wasn’t interested until I was an adult

直到我成年, 我母亲才来找我

 

At which point it was assumed that I’d fall into line

大概是觉得我到了这个年纪就会同意了吧


For the throne?

同意继位吗?

 

Uh, no, for the, um...for the family business

不,是继承家族企业

 

What’s the business?

什么产业

 

Owning stuff. Real estate, um… Internet businesses, um…

继承财务,房产,接管互联网产业

 

Cable companies…

有线电视公司

 

Oh, sorry, Oh, sorry

抱歉

 

I chose to succeed on my own terms, not kowtow to some controlling family

我选择靠自己成功,而非继承家业

kowtow 英 [[kaʊˈtaʊ]]美 [[ˌkaʊˈtaʊ]] v. 磕头 n. 叩头 


What’s Dantay-West?

那丹特威斯特算什么

 

Do you have a take on everything in life?

你对每件事都有独到的见解吗

 

Yes

是的

 

Yes

 

Well, what would you take be on…me?

那你…对我怎么看

 

Go on

说吧

 

What would The Girl in the Green Scarf’s take be on Luke Brandon?

围绿围巾的女孩眼中的卢克·布兰登是怎样的?

 

As an investment, you pretty much suck

你可算不上会投资

 

What?

什么

 

You’re a workaholic

你是个工作狂

 

You put in all these hours, but you don’t reap the rewards

你只会全身心工作却不知如何收获回报

reap [rip]  vt.& vi.收割;获得;得到

 

It goes into someone else’s pocket

获益的都是别人

 

But you’re a great editor

但你是个很棒的编辑

 

And now

现在…

 

You look like one

你看起来还像那么回事


Copyright ©2018 - 2019 微鲨艺术文创(深圳)有限公司
X
展开