Let’s slam one of these together

一起大干一场吧

2019-02-15
18








All right , first off , 

I wanna thank you guys for knocking off a few days’ vacation time

首先,我要感谢你们在假期中抽出时间

Knock  off击倒;停工;中断

 

So we can try this thing out , all right?

一起来尝试这个点子

 

I'm not asking for full buy-in now

我不要求你们马上全部入股

 

I believe the proof is in the pudding

我相信空谈不如实践

 

Once those days are up , if you want in , you're in

等到了时候,如果你们想入股就买入

 

Tandy , EDS , General Dynamics , Sabre

坦迪 EDS 通用动力和军刀

Dynamics [daɪˈnæmɪks] n. 动力学、力学

 

That's a lot of salary to walk away from after a couple of weeks

这么几周就要我们放弃这样的高薪吗

 

Yeah , yeah , I know it is

没错 我了解

 

And that's why tomorrow I want each of you to bring in your most recent pay stub

所以明天我要你们每个人,都把最近一张工资单带来

 

So I can match'em in good faith

我好开出对等的酬劳

 

Look , I'm not handing our parking spaces and gold watches just yet because it's just us , okay?

听着,我还不能马上分发停车位和金表,因为现在只有我们,好吗

 

100%  fulfillment. Guys with screw drivers and soldering irons

我说到做到,你们拿着螺丝刀烙铁

Fulfillment [fʊlˈfɪlmənt] n. 完成; 实现; 满足(感); 实施过程;

 

Sitting at these benches , doing what they do best

坐在工作台前,做最擅长的工作

 

Once we get going , I'm dropping ads in the biggest national computer magazines

等我们做起来,我就在全国最大的电脑杂志上登广告

 

No more retail store middlemen , no more cubicles , no more bullshit , all right?

不需要零售商店的中介,不再用小隔间,不再扯淡,好吗

Cubicles [ˈkju:bɪkəlz] n. 小卧室

 

Just these and this

只有这些和这个

 

Paging Joe MacMillan

呼叫乔 麦克米伦

 

We'll standardize around the Intel 186'87 processor running at 8 MHz

我们以8兆赫兹英特尔186’87系列处理器为核心兼容配置其他硬件

 

10-meg hard drive , 5 1/4 floppy

十兆硬盘,5.25软驱

 

Eventually , we'll go to 12 MHz on the 286-based system , but for now I want to stick with 186

最终要以12兆赫兹286架构处理器为核心装机,但现在我想继续使用186架构的处理器

 

So we can keep prices down

好控制价格

 

How far down , you ask?

你们可能想问 低到多少

 

800 bucks per unit , give or take

每台八百块上下

 

All depending on what options the customer chooses

取决于顾客的选择

 

They want to a standard Lincoln Town Car , boom

他们想要标准林肯城市汽车,没问题

 

They want a Ferrari? Hey , they got the money , honey , we got the time.

他们想要法拉利,他们有钱,我们就有时间

 

nimble economy job , 500 out the door.

精巧经济的机型,只要五百块

 

Prices are lower than retail brands across the board.

价格比市面上所有零售品牌都要低

 

We're offing the customer unlimited self-assembly with the convenience of plugging it in

我们向顾客们提供无限的自主组装而且方便到仅需插上电源

 

and flipping a switch

打开开关

 

Open architecture , baby

这才是“开放式架构”

Architecture [ˈɑrkɪtektʃə(r)] n. 建筑学

 

The destiny of every box we build lays in the hands of the user turning that mother on.

我们制造的每台机器的命运,都掌握在开启开关的用户手里

In  the hands of由…掌握;在…掌握中

 

So , what do you say?

你们意见如何

 

You guys want to slam one of these together or waht?

想一起大干一场

Slam 美  [slæm]砰地关上;猛力抨击



Copyright ©2018 - 2019 微鲨艺术文创(深圳)有限公司
X
展开