It's totally revolutionary

这绝对是场革命

2019-02-15
58










We take the layout to a builder custom build the kitchen to our exact specs

我们把蓝图带到建造商处,按照我们的要求定制化打造厨房

 

Ta yah! The speedy system is born

啊哈!高速系统诞生了

 

The world's first ever system to deliver food fast

迄今世界上第一条食品快速生产线

 

It's totally revolutionary...

这绝对是场革命......

 

And a complete disaster

也是场彻底的灾难

 

Why?

缘何

 

Opening day , cars pull up onto the lot and they start honking immediately

开业首日,车辆都在停车位等待,他们开始按喇叭

 

Because no car-hop comes up

因为没有服务员去车那里

 

You place your order

你自己点菜

 

We try to explain to them to walkup window and they are uh...

我给他们解释,请走到窗口点餐,但他们......

 

Bewildered?

很迷惑

 

No , they are furious

不,是愤怒

 

'What do you mean I gotta get out of my car?'

“你什么意思?让我下车”

 

Most of them just cuss us out and drive off...

大多数顾客只是骂我们出去再开车离开

 

And the few that stay are mad as heck

留在这里的几个顾客都气疯了

 

Because they are eating off paper and they've gotta discard their own trash

因为,他们吃掉纸,而且他们需要自己垃圾

Discard[dɪsˈkɑ:d]v.丢弃;遗弃

Trash [træʃ]n.垃圾

 

Why?  You're doing great

为何  你做的很棒

 

Yeah , we won't be coming out to the car but you can just come on up

是的,我们不能出去送到你的车里,但是你可以来我这里

 

Welcome to McDonald's

欢迎来到麦当劳

 

We may have underestimated the learning curve

我们也许低估了难度(顾客学习的速度)

 

So by 5 o'clock , Dick is calculating how much it's gonna cost to go back to drive-in...

五点的时候,迪克开始计算如何回到传统汽车餐馆模式

 

But I am not ready to throw in the towel

但是我还没打算放弃

 

So I go back to our old Hollywood days 

 I think to myself we gotta go big with this

所以我回到以前在好莱坞工作的日子,我对自己说我们必须做好这个

 

We gotta put it on a show

我们需要做些宣传

 

So I say ,'Dick , I wanna throw a grand re-opening'

因此我说:“迪克,我想来个豪华重开业”

 

A gala premiere that would put Louis B. Mayer to shame

一个首映式,让路易 伯特 梅耶(米高梅创立者)都感到羞耻的首映式

 

So we rent a bunch of spotlights 

the ones we used to haul around in the Columbia days

所以,我们租了一些射灯,在哥伦比亚片场工作时曾经用过这些

 

we get sparklers , a juggler for the kiddies , it is an event...

我们有烟火,杂耍小子,这是个活动

 

people show up in droves , and then...

人们开车来,然后......

 

The flies

飞虫

 

They must have been drawn by all the lights

 Millions of them. It was like a scene out of Exodus

他们一定是被灯光吸引进来,数百万,这就是一个《出埃及记》的场景

Exodus 英[ˈeksədəs] 美[ˈɛksədəs] n. 离去,退出; 古代以色列人出埃及


The pharaoh would have released the Israelite

法老释放了以色列人

Israelite 英[ˈɪzrəlaɪt] 美[ˈɪzriəˌlaɪt] n. 以色列人,犹太人


Total disaster

彻底的灾难

 

Now it is 'towel' time

现在是时候放弃了


Copyright ©2018 - 2019 微鲨艺术文创(深圳)有限公司
X
展开