We have a situation

出现新情况了

2019-02-16
24













I have Mr. Grady calling

有一位格拉迪先生来电找您

 

He s from The Wall Street Journal

他来自《华尔街日报》

 

Really? Put him through

是吗 给我转接进来

 

Harold Crane here

我是哈罗德·克雷恩

 

We have a situation

出现新情况了

 

I know this isnt the message but we call all learn something from the funeral business

我知道这算不上什么启示,但是殡葬业的确有值得我们学习的地方

 

Did you tell The Wall Street Journal to give me a call?

是你让《华尔街日报》的记者采访我的吗

 

I felt badly about diminishing your contributions in this mornings meeting

我对于今晨在会上没有对你的贡献予以重视感到很愧疚

Diminishing  /dɪ'mɪnɪʃ/vt. 使减少;使变小

 

And let’s face it this computer situation is an arms race

说白了 电脑这事儿就像场军备竞赛

 

Theres no point in winning if people dont know

大众根本毫不知情 赢了也没意义

 

Well we’re not winning. We don’t have a computer

我们并没有赢 我们没有电脑

 

What?

什么?

 

Believe me, I ask for one every Christmas and no one even bothers to say on

相信我 每年圣诞节我都提出要台电脑,大伙儿连句拒绝都懒得说

 

Well, why did you tell the client we do?

那你怎么告诉客户我们有电脑

 

Its semantics

只是一种说辞罢了

Semantics /sə'mæntɪks/n.〔词的〕含义,语义

 

We use a computer therefore I call it our computer

我们使用过一台电脑 所以我说是我们的电脑

 

But its actually someone elses computer

但其实是别人的电脑

 

And the local markets program?

那么本地市场项目

 

Its a great idea. Im sure someones going to do that

那是个好主意 迟早有人会做

 

You have stiff competition but I believe you to be the most dishonest man I have ever worked with

你很有竞争意识,但我认为你是与我共事过的最不诚实的人

Stiff  /stɪf/adj. 呆板的;坚硬的;严厉的;拘谨的;拘谨的

 

I didn’t call ”The Wall Street Journal”. Kill it

我没有给《华尔街日报》打电话 取消吧


Copyright ©2018 - 2019 微鲨艺术文创(深圳)有限公司
X
展开