【传媒公司口语】I could save money living at home

住在家里可以省钱

2019-03-12
39










Well,I know that you are feeling stuck on Lauren’s desk

我知道你感觉在劳伦那里止步不前

 

And holy…uh… Sutton, this is a heck of a resume you got here.Summa cum laude

然后…天呐 呃…萨顿,你的简历太吓人了吧。最优等生

a heck of极大; 极多

Summa cum laude['sʌməkʌm'lɔ:di] 享有最高荣誉的 adv. & adj. 以最优等

 

Wow,and why Penn State?

哇,那为什么是宾州州立大学?

 

I could save money living at home

住在家里可以省钱

 

And it says here that you did an internship in finance.Why finance?

上面说你做过金融方面的实习。为什么选择金融?

 

This is starting to feel suspiciously like an informational interview

你开始问的像是在职业面谈里面那样了

 

Humor me

怪我的幽默细胞

 

Okay.Look,it’s not like I love finance

好啦。听着,这不是说我喜欢金融

 

Mm,probably don’t say that in a real informational interview

恩,你最好别在真的职业面谈里说这个

 

My mother is complicated.I had to be the adult

It made more sense for me to do something practical

我妈那一团糟,我不得不成熟。做些实际的工作对我更重要

 

And you didn’t want to pursue finance after graduation?

但你没有在毕业后从事金融工作?

 

Oh,you mean when I graduation into the worst job market in 50 years,thanks to you generation?

噢,你是说我毕业后面临的因为你们这一代而出现的50年内最困难就业季?

 

Mm

好吧

 

I couldn’t get a full time job,so I starting to temp.That’s how I wound up at “Scarlet.”

我找不到全职工作,只能做临时工。这就让我辗转来到了Scarlet杂志

Temp [tɛmp] vt. 做临时工作

 

But you stay

但你留下来了

 

Longer than I intended to.I just…I love this magazine

And I would like to stay here,but…I need to start thinking seriously about moving on

比我预计的要久,我只是…爱这本杂志,而且我愿意留在这。但是…我要开始考虑向前走了



Copyright ©2018 - 2019 微鲨艺术文创(深圳)有限公司
X
展开