【影视公司口语】I thought you said you didn’t watch

我以为你刚才说你从来不看这个节目

2019-03-29
173


Ruby Carter,right? Ruby? Hi,I’m Rachel Goldberg.

I am the show runner on “Everlasting”

鲁比卡特?是吗?鲁比?你好,我是瑞秋戈尔伯格。我是“天长地久”的节目运作人

 

What? Look,I already told the little skinny brother no, okay?

You need to leave

什么?听着,我已经告诉那个麻杆一样的小哥我不会去的,好吗?你走吧。

 

I’m sorry, but he just didn’t have all the information

我很抱歉,但他并不是了解全部信息。

 

What information is gonna make me drop out of college to go be on a racist, misogynist really show I don’t even watch?

什么信息能让我从大学里退学,加入一个我从来不会去看的充满种族歧视的反对妇女的真人秀?

 misogynist  [məˈsɑdʒənəst] n. 厌恶女人者 adj. 仇视妇女的;仇视妇女而致的


16million viewers a week for your political platform when your Twitter fame’s about to expire like bad milk

当你的推特像变质的牛奶一样人气下跌,你的政治纲领会有每周1600万的收视

expire  [ˌɪkˈspaɪ(ə)r] v. 期满;成为无效;失效

 

Black girls only last a couple weeks on those shows, and they don’t get any airtime

黑人女孩子在这类节目里待不过两周,而且最终得不到播出机会

 

I thought you said you didn’t watch

我以为你刚才说你从来不看这个节目

 

Whatever

随你怎么说

 

Okay. I’m sorry, does it not even matter to you that we’re making history this season? The suitor’s black

那好。对不起,即使这一季我们将创造历史你也不在乎吗?被追求的是个黑人

 

I’m sorry, what?

抱歉,你说什么?

 

It’s a huge secret. The guy’s also famous, and he asked to meet you. Thinks you’re an American hero. And he’s into you. He thinks...

这是个秘密。那个家伙也非常有名,他要求见你。认为你是美国的英雄。他对你有兴趣。他认为...

 

Wait. Let me get this straight. You think I got myself into Berkeley worked this hard for what I believe in to, what, get a man?

等等。我重申一下,你认为我进入伯克利大学为了自己的信仰这么努力是为了什么,找个男人吗?

 

I didn’t go to Vassar to get a man

我也不是为了找男人去读瓦瑟学院

 

Yeah,I’m sure

是的,我很确定

 

Did you hear me? I...You know what? You know, you are...You’re right.

You should stay here. You should just let your four underpaid professors

 read your senior thesis on...what is it? Post-colonial Africa?

你在听我说吗?我...你知道吗?你说的对

你应该就这样让你的四个低工资的教授阅读你的毕业论文

是什么来着?后殖民时代的非洲?

  

I get it. Why would you want to use stupid old TV to spread your message. I mean, the teen birth rate, it went down 5.6% because of “Teen Mom” shows on MTV

我了解了,你为什么会用蠢笨的老电视发布你的消息。我是说,青少年生育率下降了5.6%,因为电视里播了“少年妈妈”

 

And “The Real World”...you remember that show? That show started the gay rights movement

而那个“真实的世界”,你记得那个节目吗?那个节目开启了同性恋权力运动

 

But, yeah, TV’s super useless as a medium for change. I guarantee you will make it to the final two.9weeks,16million viewers each week

但是,没错,电视作为传媒改变不了什么。我保证你能留到最后二选一

9周,每周1600万的收视率

medium [ˈmidiəm] n. 媒介; adj. 中等的;中号的

Copyright ©2018 - 2019 微鲨艺术文创(深圳)有限公司
X
展开